Courts-Martial Appeals

Why You Need a Military Criminal Defense Lawyer

When military personnel are convicted in any type of court-martial, they may feel their conviction was unjust and wish to appeal the decision. A Court-Martial Appeal, or a request for clemency, is allowed by submitting their case to the convening authority, which is normally the officer who had the court-martial initially. The case may then be submitted for review to the Court of Criminal Appeals for each branch of the military convened (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard).

The Appeals Court will review the issues regarding the facts and the law as it pertains to that particular case for any legal errors or incorrect sentencing. A further appeal can be submitted to the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces; however, only certain cases are accepted for review.

If you have been unjustly convicted in a court-martial and wish to appeal your case... Your court-appointed attorney may not only be generally inexperienced but also have little to no experience in an appeals setting.You also have the right to retain the services of a civilian military criminal defense attorney for your appeal. It is best not to count on the appellate process without having a strong and aggressive defense attorney by your side. Your court-appointed military attorney may be inexperienced and have little to no experience in an appeals setting.

Internationally Recognized Law Firm

Our aggressive and renowned criminal defense lawyers have years of experience in military cases. Our legal staff are veterans of several branches of the military, serving as JAG officers and successfully defending their clients.

We have the skill and resources to provide you with excellent legal representation, no matter where you are stationed throughout the world. When you need us, we can be at your side at a moment’s notice. Simply call our toll free number for our assistance.

You need the aggressive and talented defense attorneys from Military Justice International for your defense. Contact us today