Protection from Forfeiture

International Military Defense Law Firm

If you are accused and convicted of a military crime, you could face "forfeiture of pay." After a court-martial sentence, you could be forced to give up your pay and allowances during any period of parole or confinement. According to 10 USC § 858b - Art. 58b, you could face forfeiture of pay if you receive one of the following sentences:

  • More than six months of confinement
  • Dishonorable discharge
  • Bad-conduct dismissal

"How can I protect my family from forfeiture of pay?"

If you were convicted of a military crime but have dependents (such as a spouse and children), you may be able to avoid forfeiture. During court-martial proceedings, the convening authority has the power to waive forfeiture – but only if you have a good reason.

Our firm can protect you from forfeiture, so call us today for the legal guidance that you need. Our mission is to help our clients obtain he case results they need, so contact us today to see what our team can do for you. With our military division on your side, you can have peace of mind that we will exhaust every resource to obtain the results that you need.